Sunday 12th May 2019
Fourth Sunday of Easter
Service at 10:30am
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Preach: Guest speaker TFM
Risen Christ, faithful shepherd of your father's sheep: teach us to hear your voice and to follow your command, that all your people may be gathered into one flock, to the glory of God the Father.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
- for us here so we can hear what God's spirit is saying to our community.
- for church members: Alice Howsen, Joyce, Carmella recovering at home, and all others you are aware of.
- for the lonely and the bereaved at home especially Louise long standing member of our church whose sister has died. Please take time to visit her as she is quite fragile emotionally and living alone.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world and all those who are marginalised and faced with injustice.
- for the Church and the leaders.
- for wisdom, kindness and sacrifice to know how to deal with desperate situations and need on our doorstep.
- for the ministry at Westfield and its volunteers.
- for the Mission with TFM this week, for our fears, enthusiasm, and co-operation in the resulting events.
- for new members of the PPC.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
9am-10am Morning prayer
at Louise's house Meet alternate Wednesday. See John
5:30 Evening Service Westfield
Deanery Synod Meeting 7:30 hosted by St Matthews - all invited.
Stratford Leaders meet at Highway Church.
Pastoral Team meet at vicarage 7:30.
Hospitality Groups meeting after church.
PCC meeting 7:30
Neighbourhood Meeting St Matthews 7:30. If you live locally become involved, get to know your neighbour. Come, discuss concerns and report worries in the neighbourhood.
Wardens inauguration Service. All Saints Woodford Wells. All welcome.
Intro new PCC members to church
Prayer ministry team meeting 7:30 in the prayer room
10 years Remembrance Service for Philip Nwosu. All St Matthews welcome
if you are interested in confirmation or baptism in 2019
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
The church is seeking to employ an experienced interim admin to cover sickness. Pay £9.15 per hour. 9-10 hrs per week. If interested please see Christy.
FAITH in SCHOOLS:
Volunteer in many ways to share the Resurrection Story with Newham's schools. Info session. See Carmel if interested.
Joyce is now at Bakers Court Nursing home:
138, Little Ilford Lane. E12 5PJ
St Katherine House:
2 Butchers House E14. A chance for quiet and reflection: 2nd Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch. Call 0300 111 1147
See labelled container. Donate non-perishable food, toiletries and nappies. Many would be grateful you did.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church. See Isobelle for information.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
GROUP 1 WELCOME & HOSPITALITY:
(please check who you are from the list on the hall door.)
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch