Sunday 14th July 2019
4th Sunday after Trinity
Service at 10:30am
Theme: Learning on the hoof - dancing with Jesus
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Gracious Father, by the obedience of Jesus you brought salvation to our wayward world: draw us into harmony with your will, that we may find all things restored in him, our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
- that God gives us a desire to activate/use or ask for the spiritual gifts he has given us to strengthen and grow his church.
- for the arsonist of our building.
- for protection and safety for all who use our building.
- and ask God to show us what we can't see and hear from him.
- that God will give us clear vision for mission opportunities in our parish and area.
- for church members: Joyce, Carmella recovering at home (do visit if you can), Susan and Alphonsus.
- for Reverend Chuks, Barbara & family whose mother passed last Sunday.
- for the lonely and the bereaved at home especially Louise long standing member of our church whose sister has died. Please take time to visit her as she is quite fragile emotionally and living alone.
- for those who are affected by anti-social behaviour, and those who perpetrate these crimes, and for the Church to know how to support the law enforcement agencies.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world and all those who are marginalised and faced with injustice.
- for the ministry at Westfield and the imminent changes that will take place in the rest and faith space.
- for all refugees around the world.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
9am-10am Morning prayer
at Louise's house; Meet alternate Wednesday. See John
Wednesday bible study and prayer:
meet in Church at 8pm
TODAY! Sunday 14th July:
5.30pm Prayer at Westfield; and every second Sunday of the month, venue - Rest and Faith Space, Westfield Shopping Centre.
Tuesday 23 July:
Transform Newham with Street Pastors, Salvation Army, Newham Council, invitation to Save a Life, Bin that Knife at 2pm prompt. (It will only be a short event.)
Venue: Salvation Army Building, 1 Paul Street, Stratford, E15 4QB.
Thurs 25th July
10am-12.30pm Faith in Schools are seeking volunteers to assist with summer school in Stratford Centre during August (19th-30th August).
Various roles over 9 days including registration, first aid, serving drinks and snacks, setting up as well as working directly with children.
If you are interested, there is a safeguarding and an information day on Thurs 25th July (10am-12.30pm) - contact email@example.com
to register your interest.
More volunteers required, to help with SRS from 6pm-8pm on Monday evenings (term time) in church hall - please do speak to Lillian.
First Thursday of the month:
join Christy at Westgate nursing home visit.
Film Night in September:
seeks volunteer or two to make the event happen. If you are interested but uncertain of what it entails Ileen is happy to advise and support. Please see Christy or Ileen
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
if you are interested in confirmation or baptism in 2019
FAITH in SCHOOLS:
Volunteer in many ways to share the Resurrection Story with Newham's schools. Info session. See Carmel if interested.
Joyce is now at Bakers Court Nursing home:
138, Little Ilford Lane. E12 5PJ
Please prayerfully consider
joining the Prayer Ministry Team here at St Matthews. Necessary training will be given, open to all members. This is an important act of love and support we can give each other.
St Katherine House:
2 Butchers House E14. A chance for quiet and reflection: 2nd Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch. Call 0300 111 1147
See labelled container. Donate non-perishable food, toiletries and nappies. Many would be grateful you did.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church. See Isobelle for information.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
GROUP 3 WELCOME & HOSPITALITY:
(please check who you are from the list on the hall door.)
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch