Sunday 17th November 2019
2nd Sunday Before Advent
All Age Service at 10:30am
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Heavenly Lord, you long for the world's salvation: stir us from apathy, restrain us from excess and revive in us new hope that all creation will one day be healed in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
But when you ask you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
- for us here.
- for wisdom, discernment, and clear vision to realise what God has called us to be and do.
- for protection and safety for all who use our building.
- for SRS and the growth of children and youth ministry.
- for our new Time for God volunteer Kyokisa.
- for church members:
Augusta, Christy's friend, as the family travel to Nigeria for her Mother-in-law's funeral;
Helen, Olive's friend;
Christy's Mum, to walk again after suffering a stroke;
Johnson, for a full recovery after brain surgery;
Ruth, who lost her Dad;
And Elsbeth - who's daughter is mentally unwell, we pray for a full recovery.
- for all those who ill whose names are not mentioned.
- for Camella's and Rosamund's families.
- for Ann & her family, for the passing of Ann's Mum.
- for the lonely and the bereaved at home.
- for all those who are struggling with any form of addiction.
- for the country and its leadership - for wisdom as they deal with Brexit.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world and all those who are marginalised and faced with injustice.
- for the Church worldwide.
- for peace in our world.
- for the ministry at Westfield.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
SUNDAY 17th November:
Mayor Rokhsana Fiaz visiting at 12 noon
SRS meets 6pm
Monday 18th November:
PCC Meeting 7:30pm in church
this week 9am on Wednesday
Toddler Group 10:30am-1pm
Wednesday bible study and prayer:
meet in Church at 8:00pm
NOTE, Group 3 is responsible for hospitality for month of November:
Joe W, John W, Judith M, Sue R, Alice M, Jordan, Naomi, Christopher & kids, Frances, Abigail O, Ezinne, Isobelle and Sean.
Our Prayer Ministers
are Isobelle, Rev Sandra, Carmel, Pearla, Naomi and Novelette
to give the cup, during communion services, training and support will be provided - please speak to Christy or Sandra.
The next talk in the lecture series at St Paul's Cathedral
is on Wednesday 27th November 6:30pm-8pm. See notice board for details.
Wednesday 27th November:
7pm-8:30pm St John's Church - Climate Change meeting call for Christian action and prayer.
at Highway Church Romford Rd E15. Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th Dec 8:30am - 3pm. See notice board for details.
There is an important meeting with Bishop Peter
for all church leaders on Monday 9th December. PCC members and leaders of groups to save the date.
CHRISTMAS AT ST MATTHEW'S
- Carols At Westgate; Monday 2nd Dec 6:15pm.
- Westfield Carol Service; Thursday 12th Dec 6:30pm.
- Nativity Service; Sunday 15th December 10:30am (Involving SRS).
- Carol Service; Sunday 15th December 6:30pm.
- Christmas Eve Service; Tuesday 24th December 11:00pm.
- Christmas Day Service; Wednesday 25th December 10:30am.
- New Year's Eve Service; Tuesday 31st December 11:00pm (at St Saviour's).
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
if you are interested in confirmation or baptism in 2019
FAITH in SCHOOLS:
Volunteer in many ways to share the Resurrection Story with Newham's schools. See Carmel if interested.
Joyce is now at Bakers Court Nursing home:
138, Little Ilford Lane. E12 5PJ
Please prayerfully consider
joining the Prayer Ministry Team here at St Matthews. Necessary training will be given, open to all members. This is an important act of love and support we can give each other.
St Katherine House:
2 Butchers House E14. A chance for quiet and reflection: 2nd Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch. Call 0300 111 1147
Thanks to all who have donated towards the food bank - some supplies have been sent to RAMP, some given to an individual.
Please continue your donation of non perishable foods and also include personal hygiene items as this is equally important.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church. See Isobelle for information.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
Visitors & New Members:
Please sign our Visitors Book and collect a Welcome Pack.
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch