Sunday 14th October 2018
20th Sunday of Trinity
Communion Service at 10:30am
Theme: What is your question? What is the answer?
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Talk: Rev. Sandra
God, our light and our salvation: illuminate our lives that we may see your goodness in the land of the living, and looking on your beauty may be changed into the likeness of Christ our Lord.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
Sunday 21st October 2018
21st Sunday of Trinity
All Age Service at 10:30am
Talk: Rev. Christy
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Scripture for the Week:
- for the bereaved, especially Len's Family - Vivien, his sister and Beryl. The lonely and sick: Edward, Jeff Fraser, Alice Howsen, Carmella Gerber's son, Suzan and Alphonso, Ann-Kathrin's Mum,
Margaret, Sean Tony, Sandra W and all those whose names have not been mentioned.
- for all those we met during the Community Day and those who we are yet to meet in the coming week.
- for unified Spirit and purpose as we seek the best was to serve the Community within and outside the Church.
- for the Youths and Young Adults as they try to meet the demands of life as well as close the generation gap that exists in St Matthews.
- for the parts of the world hit by Hurricane and Tsunami recently including Indonesia, Uganda and America.
- for Jade as she prepares for confirmation.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world.
- for Justice and mercy for all those who protested against deportation of people from various nations without the opportunity to appeal.
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.
Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
PRAYER & CHILDREN
Join Sandra E, Joyce and others at 10am for Prayers before the Service
Stratford Rising Stars starts at 6pm
Morning Prayer at 9am with coffee at 10am
10:30am: Parents & Toddlers Group
Bible Study Group Meets in Church at 7:30pm
Sunday 14th October:
Confirmation Prep. after Service.
Sunday 14th October:
Informal Service at Westfield Rest and Faith Space at 5:30pm
Monday 15th October:
PCC meeting at 7:30pm
Sunday 11th November:
Deanery Confirmation at St John's Church Stratford. 6pm
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
Visitors & New Members:
Please sign our Visitors Book and collect a Welcome Pack.
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior to the Sunday.
ST MATTHEW'S GROUPS:
Please pick up a copy of the list of groups and check if your name is missing and speak to Christy.
- Group 2 is covering October
Some things to bear in mind for review & update:
Welcome: How did we do in the area of welcoming both the old members and visitors?
Did we engage well with visitors, offering them tea and coffee and getting to know them?
Was the Welcome slip filled in?
Relationship: Did we get to know each other better? How best can we do that?
Setting up and Clearing? How did it go? What can we do differently?
Serving tea and coffee/washing up: How did we do?
What can be done differently to improve ministry of welcome and Hospitality?
Parent & Toddler Group
Help is needed on Tuesday evening at 7:30pm for setting up. Can you help?
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthew's Church. See Isobelle for information.
ST KATHERINE'S HOUSE:
2 Butcher House, E14 8DS. A one to one time with God; Every second Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch: Phone 0300 1111 147
Do you want to know more or Volunteer for Newham NewWay Night Shelter for the Homeless or NewDay project for the Homeless? Speak to Christy
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch