Sunday 27th September 2020
Harvest Service at 10:30am
2 Chronicles 7:14
"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land".
PRAYERS FOR THE WEEK
For PRAYER REQUESTS
- for St Matthews Church; for wisdom, discernment, and clear vision as we explore growth in all areas of the church. That we may be united in the services of God's Kingdom.
- for all church members who are facing challenges and going through difficult times.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world, especially those in locations where they are killed in large numbers.
- for the bereaved, for those suffering with, and the families of those who have died from, the Coronavirus.
- for the lonely, the homeless people, especially during the cold weather, and exposure to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- for St Matthews Church, faith partners and the ministry at Westfield;
for wisdom, discernment, and clear vision as we explore growth in all areas of the church that we may be united in the services of God's Kingdom
Click this link and complete our prayer request form
NOTICES & INFORMATION
Remember to download the NHS Track and Trace App
APCM : (Annual Church meeting)
is on the 25th of October at 12:30pm Annual report is available electronically and hard copies. Grab a copy from the church or request via e mail.
are available for Church Warden post, PCC membership and Deanery Rep
are available for registration into the church electoral roll. Speak to Chris Oyo or Isobelle
Louise Smith's funeral
is on Friday 25th September 2020. Church family is invited to come and bid her farewell. She has only 2 nephews from her family. Keep them in your prayers
Continue to pray
for St Matthews mission and ministry as we share the love of Christ to the community around us and beyond. Pray for the sick and the bereaved.
Next Church Out Reach
to the community is on Saturday 26th September at 10am.
Next Bible study
is on Wednesday 23rd at 7:30pm over zoom.
Keeping safe while we worship together
Inquiries for Baptism and confirmation
- Hand sanitiser will be available to use.
- Chairs are marked to help us maintain distance according to guideline.
- Bring your own mask.
- There will be no singing except from one or 2 persons leading the songs from a distance to the congregation.
- One way system will be in operation.
- Offering: A basket will be available for your offerings. No passing of plates.
Please sign up to give directly from your account into St Matthews Account.
can be sent to Rev Christy. Contact via email or on 07723 323 259. Next confirmation service is in November at St John's Church. Do not delay. not much time is left.
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
The Church of England has revised guidance for us to follow:
Guidance for parishes
The NHS guidelines are here:
Please do prayerfully consider serving as a PCC member
Please prayerfully consider
joining the Prayer Ministry Team here at St Matthews. Necessary training will be given, open to all members. This is an important act of love and support we can give each other.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church.
To protect our community we no longer accept cash donations or offerings.
Kindly contact our treasurer; email@example.com
who can assist you in setting up a Standing Order or Direct Debit for the church.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch