Sunday 11th August 2019
8th Sunday after Trinity
Service at 10:30am
Theme: Together with a purpose - dancing to the tune of the kingdom
THE COLLECT FOR THIS SUNDAY
Lord God, your Son left the riches of heaven and became poor for our sake: when we prosper save us from pride, when we are needy save us from despair, that we may trust in you alone;
through Jesus Chris our Lord.
Please join us for a cuppa after the service
But when you ask you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
THANK GOD FOR HIS MANY BLESSINGS, THEN...
- for us here.
- that God gives us a desire to activate/use or ask for the spiritual gifts he has given us to strengthen and grow his church.
- for the upcoming healing service.
- for protection and safety for all who use our building.
- and ask God to show us what we can't see and hear from him.
- for SRS and the growth of children and youth ministry.
- for church members: Joyce, Carmella is now back home please keep praying for her recovery and visit if you can, Alicia is getting surgery on 14th August, John Widdowson, Susan and Alphonsus.
- for all those who ill whose names are not mentioned.
- for the lonely and the bereaved at home especially Louise a long standing member. Please take time to visit her as she is quite fragile emotionally and living alone.
- for Reverend Chuks, Barbara & family as they prepare to travel to Nigeria for his mother's funeral.
- for the safety of all our children and youth who are now on their long vacation and that they suffer no harm.
- for all those who are struggling with any form of addiction.
- for the country and its leadership - for wisdom as they deal with Brexit.
- for favourable discussions with the EU.
- for persecuted Christians all over the world and all those who are marginalised and faced with injustice.
- for the Church worldwide.
- for the ministry at Westfield and the imminent changes that will take place in the rest and faith space.
- for victims and perpetrators of crime.
- for all refugees around the world.
NOTICES & INFORMATION
TODAY - 11th August:
Evening Service at Westfield 5:30pm in the Rest and Faith Space
No Morning prayer this week (and 21st August) resumes Wednesday 28th August.
at Louise's house; Meet alternate Wednesday. See John.
Wednesday bible study and prayer:
meet in Church at 8pm.
NOTE, Group 4 is responsible for hospitality for month of August.
Novelette, Alice, Marvia, Jacquie D, Sandra O, Adabel, Toby, Abbas, Agnes O, Dave E, and Carmel.
Sophia from Women on the Frontline will be our guest speaker.
Our New Time for God volunteer arrives
2nd September, please help and make her feel at home when she arrives.
First Thursday of the month:
join Christy at Westgate nursing home visit 3-4pm
*** SAVE THE DATE ***:
Healing Service Sunday 8th September at 6pm invite friends and family.
22nd September is St Matthew's Sunday
and opening and blessing of new door. Photos or story of the past are welcomed.
session resumes Wednesday 4th September
West Silvertown Foundation
are advertising for a couple of part time roles at the new Royal Wharf Community Centre contact Peter Laing, Director West Silvertown Foundation. Tel: 0207 511 6118
SRS - More volunteers required:
to help with SRS from 6pm-8pm on Monday evenings (term time) in church hall - please do speak to Lillian.
Our Vision for St Matthews
We are a church centred on prayer, worship and scripture & committed to God and to each other.
Jesus's example motivates us to love, care for and support those in our local community and the wider world.
We welcome everyone into our community of faith and aim to encourage and inspire so that all may flourish and grow.
if you are interested in confirmation or baptism in 2019
FAITH in SCHOOLS:
Volunteer in many ways to share the Resurrection Story with Newham's schools. See Carmel if interested.
Joyce is now at Bakers Court Nursing home:
138, Little Ilford Lane. E12 5PJ
Please prayerfully consider
joining the Prayer Ministry Team here at St Matthews. Necessary training will be given, open to all members. This is an important act of love and support we can give each other.
St Katherine House:
2 Butchers House E14. A chance for quiet and reflection: 2nd Monday of every month, charge of £20 includes lunch. Call 0300 111 1147
Thanks to all who have donated towards the food bank - some supplies have been sent to RAMP, some given to an individual.
Please continue your donation of non perishable foods and also include personal hygiene items as this is equally important.
Giving is part of our call to discipleship.
You can give and support the Church regularly by setting up a Standing Order for St Matthews Church. See Isobelle for information.
Facebook & Twitter:
You can now follow what's happening at St Matthews by following us on Facebook
, keep yourself right up to date!
If you would like to put any information on the notice sheet for Sunday, let Christy know in writing on the Monday prior.
Talk to Rev. Christy about:
Baptism, Wedding, Bible Study and Volunteering.
See Our Contact
page for how to get in touch